nuffnang

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's On The Tip Of My Tongue

No....! I am not making an entry about my tongue... hahaaa...

It's on the tip of my tongue is an idiom.

Idioms?

An idiom is a phrase whose meaning cannot be made sense of from the literal definition, but refers instead to a figurative meaning that is known only through common use.


A Picture Paints a Thousand Words: A visual presentation is far more descriptive than words.

A Piece of Cake: A task that can be accomplished very easily

Drive someone up the wall: To irritate and/or annoy very much.

Good Samaritan: Someone who helps others when they are in need, with no discussion for compensation, and no thought of a reward.


What's her name again? It's on the tip of my tongue.

If you are trying to remember something and cannot quite remember it, it is "on the tip of your tongue".

for more examples, pls visit this site:
http://www.idiomsite.com/

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin